Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Until September 15th at 5:00 PM
It is that time of the year again.
FCG is accepting exhibition and curatorial submissions for our 2016-2017 Programming Year. If interested in submitting, check out the details below. Applications are due by September 15th if you want to catch the next round of jurying.
What Forest City Gallery Seeks:
FCG is dedicated to the presentation of contemporary artist-initiated exhibitions and activities in all media. FCG is interested in innovative practices that have articulate theoretical, critical, or conceptual underpinnings, which may include investigations into process and materiality. FCG is enthusiastic about artists' most recent endeavours and those art forms which propel contemporary production and incite conversation.
FCG is committed to paying all exhibiting and lecturing artists in accordance to CARFAC rates.
FCG represents artists of all disciplines and career levels with a focus on emergent artists and practices.
Interested in Submitting to our Open Call?
All proposals must be submitted as digital files on a single CD or DVD containing:
1. A maximum of fifteen digital images representing a recent body of work or a specific project. Digital images should be in jpeg format no larger than 1024 x 768 pixels at 72 dpi. File names must be in the following format: 01initialsyeartitle.jpg (image number, applicant’s initials, year of the work, title of the work). Time based submissions in the form of DVDs should be abbreviated to no longer than 5 minutes.
2. A CD with a slide list (word or pdf format) indicating title, year, medium and dimensions.
3. An artist's statement. (word or pdf format)
4. A physical description of the proposed exhibition, including the number of works, the space required and any unusual installation requirements.
5. A curriculum vitae, resume or biography (word or pdf format).
Submissions are adjudicated twice a year. Applications should be postmarked by March 18th and September 15th.
Submission materials will not be returned. FCG does not accept submissions by fax or email.
Artists are paid in accordance with the CARFAC Fee Schedule.
Please send your submission package to:
Attention: Programming Committee Forest City Gallery 258 Richmond Street London, Ontario N6B 2H7
If you have any questions or inquiries please contact FCG’s Gallery Director (Jenna Faye Powell) at email@example.com